Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Scroll down to get to the start of all of this.......










FINALLY 4!!

Well this was the start of the birthday celebrations and also the start of my camera problems. This being part of the reason it has taken so long to get this stuff posted. I (or my mother-in-law) ended up taking this photo with a film camera and therefore it took time to get it developed etc. etc. Anyway, back to my birthday story. This picture was taken on Emily's actual birthday, November 14th. She would be having her birthday party with all her little friends the next day so I opted for the cupcake cake on this day. Emily thought it was a great idea. However, she did almost catch her hair on fire trying to blow out those candles. Next time I will have to use smaller ones. On to cake number 2. The theme surrounding this birthday was that of Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses. Emily just can't get enough of these girls. I had such a hard time to find party supplies with this theme but did manage to find some in the states, ordered them over the net, had them shipped to my girlfriend in Missouri, and then she sent them on to me. By doing this I did manage to save a few dollars in shipping and I had one very happy and excited girl. Mommy did good!! Emily invited 4 of her good little friends over for a little afternoon party. She was so excited to have everyone come over. She has been waiting to turn 4 for the last 6 months as most of the girls turned 4 the previous April and she had to wait all the way until November. She finally caught up. Cake number 2 was a Barbie cake and I made her dress pink like Genevive's from the movie. Again Mommy did good (in the eyes of the now 4 year old). Yeah Mommy!!! Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses continued to be the highlight of the birthday as she did get a few of the 12 barbies to start her collection. They are all beautiful and have different colored dresses. She even got Derek the cobbler who comes with 12 pairs of shoes, one for each girl. You can never have too much Barbie stuff. The 3rd day of celebrations came on the following weekend when it was time for the grandparents to come and celebrate. My kids are very lucky to have 3 sets of grandparents that love them very much and are able to come and celebrate with them. My good friend Elinor and her two children also made the drive from Spruce Grove to come and help us celebrate. She was able to stay for the weekend so we all had a good visit. Cake number 3 was the same Barbie cake as number 2 but this time she had a purple dress. Something happened to my icing and it all cracked making the dress look funny, however once again a big hit.

So three days of celebrating. I'm not sure we celebrated this much the day she was born, but nevertheless alot of fun, smiles and pictures. Emily will definetley remember this (I think). I also had a great time doing all of this for her. Some wonderful memories were made.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Great update!! You are busy!!!

Heather said...

Forgot to say what yummy cake!!! & cupcakes!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! You made the cake?Girl, we gotta have a chat..and those cupcakes...wow Shelley, you're my hero!

JUST4u & Me said...

Shelley,
You are right up there with the BESTEST MOM'S EVERY!!!! WTG!!!!

and might I add TALENTED!!!!!