Friday, February 02, 2007

BOXING DAY BIRTHDAY!

My Dad turned 76 on Boxing Day, and we celebrated in the usual manner. A few people for early afternoon lunch. It always used to be for supper, but now that Dad is getting older as well as some of the guests we have an afternoon gathreing as nobody likes to drive in the dark anymore. My Mom would always make ham with all the trimmings, and I have continued with this. I took over from her the year she was sick. It is a good thing that she made ham as I don't think I could have pulled off a turkey dinner at age 17. I can't believe it has been 22 years that I have now been doing this (and yes I still make ham). Where does the time go. I look forward to it every year as it is sometimes the only time we see some of our relatives. It is really nice to get together, we really should do it more often. We had a great day.

4 comments:

JUST4u & Me said...

Awwww Shelley what a GREAT picture........and a great HAM story! Your Mom would be so proud of you, I am sure you have many of her traits.

TFS, and bring a morning tear to my eye.......I am sure you miss her very much, especially on days that bring you back 17+ years!!!!

Donna(((hugs)))coming your way!!!

lacintha said...

Great entry Shelley..and fabulous pic too...

Heather said...

Awesome entry Shel.. love those memories and you are an amazing woman to continue these traditions with your family. I'm sure your Dad appreciates it beyond words!!!

I could barely makea peanut butter sandwich at 17!!

Gale said...

Love the picture Shelley. Glad we were able to share your traditional ham with you guys! Nice to keep fond memories close by, and pass them along to your kids.
Gale