Tuesday, November 20, 2007

EXAM DAY!! Emily had her first highland dance exam yesterday and everything went great!! I still can't believe that we are making this whole highland dance thing happen. It is so worth the trip to Vegreville every Wednesday. For those who know me well it is a huge dream of mine for Emily to do this, and this year I have been lucky enough to have been given the opportunity to give it a shot. Yes I do have to drive to Vegreville every Wednesday, but the trip is getting shorter every time we go.

For the most part these exams will be the same ones I took when I was a little girl and they are with the same examining body. Yesterday brought back alot of wonderful memories for me, and I just felt all warm and fuzzy about it. The examiner even wrote "promising" on her report sheet. A very proud moment for this MOM!!!


So for now we will continue with the lessons and our goal is to go into the Elerslie Competiton at the end of June. I can't wait to see her on the stage.





3 comments:

Heather said...

Adorable!!! Love the shot of her shoes!! I'm sure she is going to be amazing on the stage and in competition. Congrats on your little dancer!!!

JUST4u & Me said...

Awww Shelley, I can just see you smiling!!! How cute, and what a special time for you seing your little one do something you LOVE, and is a GREAT childhood memory......very happy for you!!!

JUST4u & Me said...

forgot to mention......WTG Emily, sounds like you are doing VERY well at your dance lessons.....keep up the good work!!!