SOMETHING NEW!!!
And it's not just the fact that I am doing a post!!! Things have been very very busy around this coop. And the mother hen is very tired. The kids have been keeping us busy with their activities. Hockey season is now over and we will be getting busy with Emily's dance schedule now until the end of June. Starting in May it will be baseball for Stuart and Soccer for Emily. That will again keep us busy 4 nights a week. It's busy but that's how we like it.
As for the title of this post, we spent all day yesterday looking for this.....
Yep, we are the proud new owners of one of the above. It is a Honda Civic LX. With the gas prices predicted to go to $1.50/litre we thought we need to do something. This is the color we are getting as there was only one to choose from. They can't keep them on the lot. I guess everyone else has the same idea as us. Brian drives to Elk Point everyday and this lovely car will get close to four times better fuel mileage than his truck. I will also drive it once a week for sure when I have to go to Vegreville for Emily's dance lesson, and we will also use it for any long trips that we make that we don't have to have a van load of stuff to haul. We are still keeping the van (just because we can haul lots of stuff) and the truck (so we can still go camping with our trailer), however the truck is going to be parked at the farm for the most part. It was an exhausting 16 hour day we put in yesterday looking at so many different cars, but we think we picked a good one. We looked at the domestics here in town, but wanted to maybe try a import. So we will see how it goes. It is a manual transmission and they are kind of fun to drive. I haven't driven one since we sold my Ford Escort, so looking forward to that again.We should have it home by the end of the week, just in time for some spring driving.
For those of you who check this blog regularly (I know who you are), thanks for not giving up on me. Things have slowed down abit so I am once again going to try and be better at posting. Life is crazy. Well I better run and feed the rooster and the chicks. Later!!!
2 comments:
Hey Hen, this MUCH older Hen was going to e-mail you and get on your case, now there's no need.......glad to see a NEW post!!!
Congrats on the NEW car.......looks great!
Very cool new car!! Can't wait to be a passenger sometime! Roadtrip!!! We need to plan a concert or something for the Fall. I'll call ya later!!! :)
Post a Comment