Sunday, October 29, 2006


IT'S OFFICIAL!!

Well it's official, I am a HOCKEY MOM!! Yes my boy is in Hockey. This is Stuart's first year in hockey and he is loving it. We have been going to practices since the end of September and now have started our regular practice schedule on Wednesday and Friday after school, with games on weekends. It has been very exciting learning all about the hockey world from what equipment he needs and how it all goes on, to where to sit at the arena to make sure you stay warm for the two hours you are watching the game. The latter I learned today. Note to self: Get to the arena early enough to secure a spot on the bleachers where the heaters are located. You sure can tell who the new parents are. We are the ones with the frostbite on our noses. Ok, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but nevertheless, I will get there earlier next time. It was so exciting to see the kids all playing the game. They have all been working so hard at practices doing drills, it was neat to see all that practice put to work during the game. They did a great job!! My good friend Cheryl gave us a miniature pair of hockey gloves when Stuart was born. I think it was in hopes some day that he would have a pair of real ones. At the time both Brian and I had said that our boy would never play hockey. But as my Dad says "Never say never, because never is a long time" That sure holds true in this case. Our boy had two very proud parents in the stands today.

2 comments:

JUST4u & Me said...

That was you I heard cheering........WTG Hockey Mom!!!!!!

Hope you enjoy the games, no fighting in the stands now!!!!!
BE GOOD!!!!

Heather said...

Excellent pic of Stewart! I'm so impressed that you are a hockey Mom now!!! Stay warm!!!